"This course focuses on SDG Indicator 14.4.1 - Fish stocks sustainability: “Proportion of fish stocks within biologically sustainable levels”. It introduces basic fisheries concepts and definitions, illustrates some technical aspects of classical and data-limited stock assessment and provides detailed guidance on process and tools for the analysis and reporting of the Indicator.
The target audience of this course includes:
- National fisheries administration officials
- Policy-makers or advisors
- Members of the fishing community/fishing organizations
- Fisheries scientists, data analysts, and statisticians
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 Introduction to SDG Indicator 14.4.1
- Lesson 2 Concepts and process behind the estimations of SDG Indicator 14.4.1
- Lesson 3 Estimation of SDG Indicator 14.4.1 from classical stock assessment outputs
- Lesson 4 Estimation of SDG Indicator 14.4.1 from data-limited methods
- Lesson 5 Guidelines for national reporting of SDG Indicator 14.4.1"
© FAO 2020