Questions coming from the webinar discussion:
- How long does it take to work with fishers to agree to a no take zone/closure?
- How many data collectors do you need?
- Do you find data feedback is enough of an incentive to engage fishers? Are there any experiences of fishers refusing to engage because they don’t want to use their time for this?
- What knowledge do fishers need to understand their own data? Resource management is complex!
- How do these initiatives impact social equity (e.g. access to resources, gender equity etc)?
- In Madagascar how do fishers react to undersize/underweight or berried lobsters being caught?
- How can we invest in monitoring where the scale of our work doesn’t match the scale of the fishery / stock?
Please add you insights or further questions in the comments.
Hi Valerie. At last I have a link to the stand alone video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cc56Jj_Pgw