GCFI is pleased to announce that the 76th annual meeting of the Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute (GCFI 76) will be held in Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas from 6 – 10 November 2023 at Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas.
GCFI is partnering with the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources of the Bahamas to host GCFI76.
Join us in Nassau, Bahamas, this November to exchange ideas and perspectives on emerging research and science with direct relevance to management and governance. The theme of this meeting highlights the importance of engagement and dialogue among diverse sectors to ensure a sustainable future of the region’s fisheries and marine resources. The marine environment continues to be threatened by impacts from overfishing, habitat loss and climate change, resulting in decreased biodiversity, increasing social inequality, and increasing food insecurity. These impacts present significant challenges now and into the future. During the meeting, we will discuss key topics for engaging in, and supporting, innovative approaches including ocean literacy, strengthening governance mechanisms, and developing inter- and transdisciplinary research.
- Abstract Submission: Extended to July 1, 2023. Click here to submit
- Student Awards: Extended to July 1, 2023. Click here for more information
- Gladding Memorial Award: August 15, 2023: Click here for more information
- CINEFISH: August 15, 2023: Click here to submit
- Early Bird Registration: September 30, 2023: Click here to register